Logo graphic for the WildLife Resources Division
Licenses, Permits & Passes

Disability Fishing and Hunting License Application

Free Three-Year Resident Disability Hunting and Fishing License Option

Click here for a Disability Hunting and Fishing License Application.

This license cannot be obtained or renewed online - you will need to complete the form and mail it and supporting documents to the address on the form. Additional information and instructions for completing the form are on the back of the application. This free license is available only to Georgia residents, and is good for three years. It can be renewed before expiration by sending documents showing continued disability.

Lifetime License Option

Georgia residents may obtain a lifetime license — that does not have to be renewed — instead of the disability license: cost for adults age 16 to 60 is $500, cost for veterans under 60 is $400, cost at age 60 is $95, and at age 65 the lifetime license is free.

About Resident Disability Licenses

Resident Disability Licenses are full-privilege sportsman’s licenses, and they include all state paid recreational hunting and fishing privileges (see below for additional no-cost state licenses that may be required). The Disability License includes hunting, big game, Wildlife Management Area (WMA), alligator, Georgia waterfowl conservation, salt and freshwater fishing and mountain trout licenses.

To obtain the resident disability license, you will need to send the following with your completed application:

  1. Either of the following two certifications:
    • If veteran's affairs certified your disability- a copy of the Veterans Affair’s letter stating that you are 100% disabled, or one of the other documents listed in the application. The letter or document needs to be dated within the last year, and rather than being date stamped have a date included in the letter. If you are using the Veterans Affairs letter, the application describes a procedure near the bottom of the front page after “Veterans Office:” that we have worked out with the Veterans Office to request an acceptable Hunting and Fishing License Authorization Letter with an included date - please show them this section of the application if they are unfamiliar with the procedure.
    • If the Social Security Administration certified your disability, you may send us a copy of the BPQY form (SSA-2459) AND the BPQY cover letter (SSAL634) dated within the past year. You may obtain these from the Social Security Office by calling 1-800-772-1213, and ask for a BPQY (SSA-2459) form and cover letter (SSA-L634).
  2. Proof of Georgia residency - a copy of  your Georgia driver’s license or a copy of your official Georgia ID card.

Remaining Licenses or Permits That May Be Needed

Remaining licenses or permits that may be needed are the free annual state harvest record (deer and turkey), the free annual state HIP License for migratory birds, free annual state SIP License for salt water fishing, the free honorary state deer dog hunting license, and/or the federal duck stamp, depending on what is being hunted. If you need any of these four, they must be renewed each year. A quota permit is needed in addition to the included alligator hunting license to harvest one alligator per quota permit – the Disability License includes alligator hunting when assisting the quota permit holder, or covers hunting if the holder has obtained the alligator quota permit themselves. Trapping or other commercial licenses are not included. Persons may initial the front of the application if they want fishing privileges only.

The free Harvest Record, free HIP License, free annual state SIP License for salt water fishing and free honorary state deer dog hunting license are available anywhere Georgia licenses are sold, including through our online web site, by phone, or at a license agent. Directions for doing all three can be found here. The Federal Duck Stamp is available at Post Offices, from some Georgia license agents, and online at http://www.fws.gov/duckstamps. There is a federally required fee for the Federal Duck Stamp.

Receive FREE, timely updates on topics of interest. Sign Up Here!

Available Now! Click here to download.

LICENSES - 3 Ways to Buy

1. Phone 1-800-366-2661
2. Online - here
3. Retail License Vendor listing - here

Ranger Hotline


Report poaching and wildlife violations. You can receive a cash reward if your tip leads to an arrest—even if you wish to remain anonymous.
More Info >