Things to Know Before Fishing
- Anglers 16 years of age and older must posses a current fishing license and Wildlife Management Area (WMA) license to fish.
- A WMA license is not required to fish at Rocky Mountain Recreation & PFA.
- Senior (65+) Lifetime and Honorary License holders are not required to possess a WMA license to fish.
- If you possess a Sportsman's License or a 3-Day Hunting/Fishing License (resident or nonresident) you are not required to possess a WMA license.
Hours of Operation:
Nine (of the 10) PFAs are open to the public five days each week (Wednesdays through Sundays), sunrise to sunset. The areas are closed on Mondays and Tuesdays. Rocky Mountain PFA is open seven days a week as this facility is operated under contract with Oglethorpe Power.
Unless posted otherwise at a lake:
Length limit for Largemouth bass - 14 inch minimum
Daily Possession Limits:
- Largemouth bass.....5
- Bream or sunfish (of any one or a combination).....15
- Channel catfish.....5
- Grass carp (white amur) must be immediately released.
Operation of boats:
- You can operate fishing boats propelled by paddles, oars, or electric motors on ponds or lakes, unless otherwise posted.
- You can operate outboard motors at idle speed only on lakes posted as open to the use of outboard motors.