Hunters and other interested citizens are encouraged to review a proposed rule establishing a special opportunity turkey season for youth (<16-years of age) and mobility impaired persons. If adopted, this special opportunity would be effective for the 2014 turkey season. The public notice and synopsis of this proposed rule change is available on the Georgia Department of Natural Resources’ Wildlife Resources Division webpage at www.gohuntgeorgia.com/Hunting/ProposedRegulations .
“This proposed rule is responsive to statutory changes directing the Department to authorize a special hunting season for youth and certain mobility impaired persons,” said John Bowers, assistant chief of the Game Management Section. “At this point in the process, we are keenly interested in public comments specific to the proposed rule.”
Interested persons have several ways to comment on the proposed changes. The Wildlife Resources Division has scheduled three public hearings for the public to provide comments on the proposed hunting regulation changes.
All hearings will begin at 7 p.m.
July 16, 2013
· Wildlife Resources Division office, 2150 Dawsonville Hwy. Gainesville, GA
July 17, 2013
· Georgia State Farmers Market Conference Room, 2055 Eisenhower Pkwy., Macon, GA
July 18, 2013
· Coffee County Courthouse, 101 Peterson Ave. South, Douglas, GA
Any participant may present data, make a statement or comment, or offer a viewpoint or argument, either orally or in writing. Statements should be concise to permit everyone an opportunity to speak. Participants must register upon arrival and notify the registering official of their intent to give a statement. Those unable to attend may submit input either electronically or in written statement form. Input must be received by 4:30 p.m. on August 2, 2013.
- Written statements should be mailed to: GA DNR/Wildlife Resources Division/Game Management Section; Attn: John W. Bowers; 2070 U.S. Highway 278, S.E.; Social Circle, Georgia 30025.
- Statements may be electronically submitted at: www.georgiawildlife.com/Hunting/SubmitComments
These sites are accessible to people with physical disabilities. To request sign language interpretation or other auxiliary aids, contact John Bowers at (770) 918-6404 no later than 4:30 p.m. on July 11, 2013.
For more information or to view the proposed regulation changes, visit www.georgiawildlife.com/Hunting/proposedregulations or contact Game Management at (770) 918-6404.