Licenses Required at a PFA
- Anglers 16 years and older must possess a current fishing license, AND a Wildlife Management Area (WMA) license to fish.
- If you have either a Sportsman's, Lifetime, Honorary (resident disability license or resident one-time veteran's license), 3-day Hunting and Fishing License, or 3-day GORP Plus you are NOT required to have a WMA license to fish.
- A WMA license is NOT required to fish at Rocky Mountain Public Fishing Area.
To access a PFA for non-fishing activities, visitors age 16-64 must have one of the following (visitors under age 16 and/or over age 64 are exempt):
Buy a Fishing License or Access Pass Here!
Hours of Operation
Open 7 days a week, sunrise to sunset.
Unless posted otherwise at a lake:
- Length limit for Largemouth bass - 14 inch minimum
Daily Possession Limits:
- Largemouth bass.....5
- Bream or sunfish (of any one or a combination).....15
- Channel catfish.....5
- Grass carp (white amur) must be immediately released.
Operation of Boats
- You can operate fishing boats propelled by paddles, oars, or electric motors on ponds or lakes, unless otherwise posted.
- You can operate outboard motors at idle speed only on lakes posted as open to the use of outboard motors.