Georgia Wildlife Resources Division
2070 U.S. Hwy. 278, SE, Social Circle, GA 30025
All documents should have adequate information to identify the boat, such as registration number, hull identification number, length, make, year, and construction material.
Proof of ownership is required to register a vessel. Most often this is a bill of sale showing sufficient information to identify the vessel plus the seller’s and owner’s name. See WRD example Bill of Sale . Other proofs of ownership that may be used are listed below . Bills of sale or invoices should show buyer and seller, and be signed by both. If proof of ownership cannot be obtained, a completed and signed Affidavit of Vessel Ownership  form may be submitted by the vessel owner.
A signed Georgia Vessel Registration Application  is required. If a vessel is registered online, the online process allows for electronic agreement without requiring a signed application.
For new, never before registered vessels, a legible copy of the of the Manufacturer's Statement of Origin is required.
For vessels with Out-of-State Registrations, a legible copy of the title if coming from a Title State  OR a copy of out-of-state Registration Card if the vessel is from a non-titling state is required.
· Bill of Sale
· Dealer's Invoice
· Transferred Title to New Owner’s Name
· Lottery Prize/Raffle or Gift/Donation: Legal documents, Statement of Gift, or Winner Notification.
· Divorce with Decree or Spouse Transfer: Bill of Sale from Seller (spouse owner of boat), or Court Order showing transfer
· From Deceased Owner or Inherited from Owner: Legal documents showing transfer. See FAQ for list of documents.
· Lien Holder Repossessions, Bankruptcy, Default on Payment: Court Order or other document giving seller possession and/or authority to sell.
· Insurance Claim: Bill of Sale from Seller and Theft/Loss Report.
· Pawn Shop Claim: Bill of Sale from Seller and Pawn Shop Affidavit or Ticket.