Those less than 12 years of age:
- May not legally operate a PWC
Those 12 to 15 years of age:
- May legally operate a PWC only if they:
- Have passed a boating safety course approved by the Department of Natural Resources or...
- Are accompanied by a competent adult
Those 16 years of age or older:
- May operate any boat on the waters of Georgia if they have proper identification onboard
- All operators born after January 1, 1998 must have passed a boater education course approved by the Department of Natural Resources and have card on board to operate any vessel.